- What freight profiles does TransVirtual work with?
We don’t limit ourselves to who we service but we work best with high volume parcels or satchels and bulky pallet goods.
- Why should I invest in a Transport Management System?
The benefits of an automated TMS are clear. The electronic and automatic communications facilitated by TransVirtual facilitate and dramatically improve productivity, speed, service levels, and visibility.
- How does a Transport Management System add value?
A cloud-based transportation management system delivers many of the same business benefits as other cloud solutions, including improved economies of scale, lower total cost of ownership, no upgrade fees and a faster return on investment (ROI).
For IT, a cloud-based TMS provides additional benefits in the form of faster deployments, fewer hours needed for training and installation, automatic updates with the latest features and improved security.
- At what volumes will I need a Transport Management System?
These 4 key signs of a business’ growth will indicate it’s time to use a TMS:
1. Can major carriers work with you? If you’re heading into carrier contract negotiations with manually crunched spreadsheets and outdated forecasts, there’s a good chance it’s time to evaluate a TMS for parcel shipping.
2. You need more staff to handle increasing shipping volumes.
3. You’re getting an increased number of calls to customer service.
4. You’re struggling to allocate shipping costs. With a TMS for parcel shipping, finance teams have access to real-time, accurate shipping data down to the stock keeping unit (SKU) level, improving reporting, forecasting and enabling them to create better disciplines around shipping spend.