These four key signs of growth indicate it’s time to start using transport or delivery software:
- Can major carriers work with you? If you’re heading into carrier contract negotiations with manually crunched spreadsheets and outdated forecasts, a TMS for parcel shipping can give you the competitive edge you need to win more favorable terms.
- You need more staff to handle increasing shipping volumes. Use a TMS to automate the manual work you’re hiring for.
- You’re getting an increased number of calls to customer service. A TMS keeps your customers in the loop at every stage, so they don’t need to expend any effort getting updates – and neither do you.
- You’re struggling to allocate shipping costs. With a TMS for parcel shipping, finance teams have access to real-time, accurate shipping data down to the stock – keeping unit (SKU) level, improving reporting and forecasting, and enabling you to create better disciplines around shipping spend.
ERPs are great for storing data and conducting BAU tasks, but investing in a TMS allows you to focus on your shipping processes end-to-end, while also keeping your customers up to date at every stage.
A WMS allows for fulfillment efficiency by automating the inventory lifecycle, working from the time an order is received into the warehouse until it is shipped. A TMS then takes over and manages the freight and carriers once an item is ready to be shipped – until it’s at your customer’s doorstep (or depot).
Cloud solutions improve economies of scale, lower total cost of ownership, are free to upgrade, and typically offer a faster return on investment (ROI).
IT teams love cloud-based solutions because they can deploy them faster, need to spend less time on training and installation, and everything updates automatically for improved security.
If you need just delivery tools – say, route optimization, turn-by-turn directions, and sign on glass are your basic needs – our Express plan can give you the competitive edge.
But if you need support across every aspect of your delivery business – from customer management to delivery visibility to deep integrations into your existing systems – you need the full-featured Transport Management System (TMS) that our Enterprise plan offers.
With Enterprise, take advantage of on-forwarder connections, carrier integrations, and accounting modules like:
- Automated billing & invoicing
- Xero and MYOB integration
- Rate cards
- Fuel levies
- Least cost carrier
- Real-time quotes
- Additional services capture
- RCTI & reverse billing
- Invoice management
Enterprise also gives you critical insights with reporting tools like:
- DIFOT management
- CoR compliance
- BI dashboards
And of course, you’ll also enable more efficient deliveries with:
- Electronic proof of delivery (POD)
- Courier and despatch
- Route optimisation
- Allocation controller
- Driver and GPS tracking
- Delivery management
- Multi depot support
- Geotags and timestamps
- Capture photo proof
- Turn-by-turn navigation
Some projects can be set up in a day while some can take up to 4 weeks – and don’t worry, we view implementation as a partnership and a shared process.